Thursday, March 28, 2013

Summer :)

I'm a summer girl.  Always have been, always will be.  I was thinking today about how ready I am for winter to be over and for it to be summertime, and I just really wanted to share a few of my favorite things about summer:


  • Being barefoot
  • Pool time
  • My summer job at a water park - and the greatest co-workers in the world
  • Reading in the porch
  • Sunglasses of every shape and color
  • Rarely dressing up, wearing makeup, or doing my hair
  • Bonfires
  • My little brother (and friends) coming home from school
  • Starry skies
  • Summer fruits being in season
  • Driving with the windows down and the radio blasting
  • Ice cream
  • Bike rides
  • Bike rides to get ice cream
  • Fireworks
  • Having no idea what day it is
I could really go on all day, but making this list has gotten me even more excited.  It won't be long now :)

2 comments:

  1. I have been so excited about the little signs of spring that I am seeing that I couldn't see beyond that. But I, too, am a summer girl. Thanks for reminding me of what I am really waiting for! I love the images your words evoke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adored your list -so many wonderful things to love about summer! I would have to add lunch on the deck with a book and Music in the Park, a wonderful tradition in our community

    ReplyDelete